General Terms & Conditions
Mercury Prize Limited (“MPL”) - Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and the terms and conditions of the Eventim Apollo (the “Venue Conditions”) apply to any and all tickets to the 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize due to be held at the Eventim Apollo on 14 September 2017 (the “Event”).
2. Any person who purchases, holds or uses a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to the Conditions and to the Venue Conditions.
3. The Conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in MPL’s sole discretion. MPL will post any amendments to the Conditions in relevant section of the URL: www.mercuryprize.com/terms-conditions (the “Website”) without further notice. Ticket Holders should check the Website regularly for any amendments.
4. In the event of a breach of the Conditions and/or the Venue Conditions by a Ticket Holder, MPL or its agents may at their sole discretion: (a) render and declare the Ticket void; (b) refuse the Ticket Holder admission to the Event; and/or (c) remove the Ticket Holder from the Event.
5. The Event is organised and Tickets are issued by Mercury Prize Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“MPL”). The Event is taking place at the Eventim Apollo, 45 Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9QH (“Venue”).
6. All persons who wish to gain access to the Event must have a valid Ticket.
7. No one under the age of 13 will be admitted to the Event. People between the ages of 13 and 17 years will only be admitted to the Event with an accompanying adult. For the purposes of the Conditions, an adult is a person aged 18 years and over.
8. Delivery of Tickets purchased from the Venue and/or the Venue’s agent and/or any other official sellers of Tickets, will be subject to such delivery terms and conditions as set out in the relevant party’s sale process. Tickets purchased directly from MPL will be collected from MPL’s offices as listed in paragraph 5 of these Conditions (or as otherwise advised).
9. Ticket Holders may only leave and re-enter the Venue during the Event at the discretion of the management of the Venue.
10. By being present at the Event, Ticket Holders consent to being filmed and/or recorded. Ticket Holders also agree not to assert any moral (or similar) rights and give all necessary consents under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and all other applicable legislation in respect of any film and/or recordings. MPL is entitled to make full use of any film and/or recording in all current and future media worldwide without any liability or payment to Ticket Holders, including permitting others to do the same.
11. If a Ticket is declared void or if a Ticket Holder is refused admission or removed from the Event because of a breach of these Conditions or of the Venue Conditions, no money shall be refunded.
12. MPL or its agents shall be entitled, but not obliged, to carry out identity and security checks (including photographic ID checks) upon presentation of the Ticket by a Ticket Holder at the Event. If the Ticket Holder is not on MPL’s list of intended attendees at the Event (as notified to MPL by the person(s) that purchased that Ticket Holder’s Ticket at the time of purchase or prior to the Event), MPL and its agents may, at their sole discretion, declare that Ticket Holder’s Ticket void and MPL and its agents may refuse that Ticket Holder admission to the Event or remove that Ticket Holder from the Event.
13. Neither the Ticket Holder nor any person associated with them (other than MPL or its agents) is entitled to assign, donate, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Ticket itself or any rights arising from the Ticket to any third party. In particular, but without limitation, a Ticket Holder may not:
(a) sell, resell, expose, offer or make available for sale, auction, donate or otherwise dispose of Ticket(s) in any manner or place whatsoever, including, without limitation, online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace; and/or
(b) transfer or use a Ticket for:
(i) advertising, sales or promotional purposes;
(ii) premium give-aways, competitions, prize draws or sweepstakes; or
(iii) hospitality or travel packages.
14. In the event of a conflict between the Conditions and the Venue Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
15. No briefcases, backpacks or large bags will be allowed at the Event.
16. No photographic/recording equipment is allowed at the Event. Ticket Holders acknowledge that prohibited items may be confiscated by MPL/Eventim Apollo. Mobile phones and tablet devices are permitted for personal and private use only by Ticket Holders.
17. Ticket Holders are NOT permitted to use mobile phones, tablet devices or any other recording and/or electronic devices to photograph and/or record the Event in any capacity and will not publish or otherwise make any content from the Event available to third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.
18. As a condition of admission to the Event, you assign (by way of present assignment of future copyright) the copyright in any photographs, films, or recordings that you make at the Event in breach of this prohibition to MPL.
19. Please ensure mobile phones, tablet devices, smart watches, pagers, alarms of any kind and any other electronic devices which may disturb and/or disrupt the Event are switched off during the performance.
20. MPL/Eventim Apollo reserves the right to refuse admission to the Venue and/or the Event.
21. Security searches will take place.
22. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the Event.
23. Artists’ appearances at the Event are subject to change. MPL/Eventim Apollo are under no obligation to provide a Ticket Holder with notice of any such changes.
24. Please note that strobe lighting, smoke effects and confetti cannons may be used in the production. Ticket Holders with known medical conditions who may be susceptible to such effects are recommended to seek further advice.
25. MPL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any person or any property (including without limitation, any loss of the Tickets).
26. MPL reserves the right at any time, and under its sole discretion, to withdraw, cancel, amend or void any Ticket issued to the Event.
27. The Conditions shall be governed by English law, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Mercury Prize Limited (“MPL”) - Terms and Conditions of Entry
1.1 All forms of contemporary music from Great Britain and Ireland are eligible.
1.2 Albums only qualify for entry. Albums are defined by the Official Charts Company Chart Rules as “Over 25 minutes OR more than four songs”.
1.3 The album must have had a digital release date between Saturday 30 July 2016 and Friday 21 July 2017 inclusive (although entries must be received by 19 May 2017). Entries received after 19 May 2017 will not be considered for the 2017 Mercury Prize.
1.4 The album must, as a minimum, be available to buy from at least one selected major UK digital retailer (please see full Terms & Conditions for full list, clause 5). The album may also be available to stream or to buy in other formats but is not obligatory.
1.5 Entries can only be made via a record company that owns or controls the recordings on the submitted album.
1.6 It is a condition of entry that the record company submitting an entry has obtained the relevant permission(s) and clearance(s) for Mercury Prize Limited (“MPL”) to use the album cover artwork and artist/band photograph (as provided as part of the entry process) from any shortlisted album for promotional purposes in connection with the Mercury Prize.
1.7 It is a condition of entry that the record company submitting an entry has obtained the relevant permission(s) and clearance(s) for MPL to use the artist/band promo video for promotional purposes on the Website and the Mercury Prize’s official social networking pages and digital platforms.
1.8 It is a condition of entry that the record company submitting an entry has obtained the relevant permission(s) and clearance(s) for MPL to stream (for a limited period) a mutually agreed single from each shortlisted album solely for promotional purposes on the Website and the Mercury Prize’s digital platforms.
1.9 It is a condition of entry that if shortlisted, artists will actively participate in the Mercury Prize promotional campaign and attend the Launch event and the Awards Show in London (and perform at the Awards Show if requested by MPL) on such dates as required by MPL.
1.10 The withdrawal of any entry received by MPL is at MPL’s sole discretion.
2.1 Artists must be of British or Irish nationality. Artists are of British or Irish nationality if they are eligible to hold a passport for either the United Kingdom or Ireland (“British” or “Irish” respectively).
2.2 For bands, either:
2.2.1 50% or more of the members must be British or Irish; or
3.2.2 30% or more of the members must be British or Irish, with the majority of all signed band members having their principle place of residence in the UK or Ireland.
3.1 Composers: premier recordings of works by contemporary British and Irish composers are eligible.
3.2 Performers: for a contemporary classical recital of a programme of works to be eligible, there must be clear evidence of the performer’s creative interpretation of the material. Straightforward recitals of works from the standard repertoire are not eligible.
4. Compilations, Mixtapes and Soundtracks
4.1 Compilations and mixtapes of previously released material are not eligible.
4.2 For soundtrack albums at least 65% of the album’s running time must be an original score or new recordings by British or Irish artists.
For the purposes of clause 1.4 the list of retailers is as follows: 7Digital, Amazon MP3, Google Play or iTunes.
6. Eligibility and Interpretation
The final decision regarding all aspects of the Mercury Prize, including any questions concerning eligibility and the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions rests with MPL.
7. Right to Change Terms and Conditions
MPL may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and is under no obligation to provide notice to you of any changes. You should therefore check these Terms and Conditions regularly.
The Entries Website uses secure socket layer technology (SSL). This means that when you upload any information and/or content through the Website, it is transmitted via our secure online system and all of the information is encrypted or scrambled, so that the data you send is an unintelligible string of seemingly random characters. When these characters are received by our web server, the server's SSL software converts them back into useful information. The same thing happens with data you receive from our server. Your interactions are therefore private.
By submitting an entry you agree to the processing by us of your information and the use of that information as part of the administration and running of the Mercury Prize. We may contact you by e-mail with information and updates relating to the Mercury Prize. If you would prefer not to receive such information please e-mail us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Payment Terms
The entry fee is £190.00 + VAT at 20% (£228), which covers the administrative element of the entry process. Payment of the entry fee for each submission must be made by debit or credit card during the online entry process on the Website. All payments will be processed securely via WorldPay.
10. Refund Policy
The entry fee is non-refundable once a submission has been made through the Website and successfully received by MPL. MPL accepts no liability or responsibility for any entries that are incorrectly or unsuccessfully submitted through the Website.
11. Intellectual Property
All rights in the site design, text, graphics and other content, the selection and arrangements thereof and the Mercury Prize Albums of the Year competition belong to MPL.
12. Right to Cancel
MPL reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
13. Right to Exclude from the Mercury Prize
If MPL has any reason to believe that an entrant has breached the Terms and Conditions, MPL may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude the entrant from any further participation in the Mercury Prize.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
Contact Details: Mercury Prize Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA